600 pixels and the infinite scroll


No, it's not the name of new doom metal band...

Recently I've been spending some time updating my portfolio on Behance.
I have to admit that I haven't payed too much attention to it as I had enough with a proper website and blog, facebook and tumblr (PHEW! and still there are so many more platforms to explore... it's crazy).

However, these last weeks I've been reading a nice book called MAKING IDEAS HAPPEN by Scott Belsky, founder and CEO of Behance. In addition, I've had a couple of nice conversations with a few fellow designers who encouraged me to use this powerful tool.  So I've spent the week end updating the portfolio, and I discovered a nice way to mount the projects with a single image, provided it's 600px wide, you can design it as long as you want, making a nice presentation out of it. Worst part is it takes a precious time that you don't know if it worths it. On the other side as a friend of mine says: "Good things are never easy, easy things are never good"

          

So I decided to use an old project (anatomy illlustrations) as a excuse for making a proper old scroll and I loved what came out. Presentation is very important, and it makes a huge difference. Sometimes we tend to forget it. Check it out here                               https://www.behance.net/gallery/22633581/Anatomy
                                    and see what I'm talking about.

Then I decided to put a couple of illos that never saw actually the light (personal projects that took me a nice amount of time), and made it count, mounting them on photoshop as if they were real printed comic books. Since I've never had a chance by publishers, at least I'm gonna make it happen in the binary world, and this is what came out. They look so real they make me feel good. I hope you like it too.
           
                    https://www.behance.net/gallery/22620819/Hulvalthun

          
                  https://www.behance.net/gallery/22620949/Hit-the-lights





No hay comentarios: